Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Charles Jordan <ch...@convergys.com> on 2004/03/22 19:35:08 UTC

user login authentication and session timeout

I'm looking for examples or to be pointed in the right direction on how
to achieve the following.
I want my users to be able to access a mojority of my pages without having
to login, but if they select a specific page a small login pop-up window
would display which would require a valid user name and password. I also
want the session to time-out after a period of time.
Any ides?

Charles (Allen) Jordan   <ch...@convergys.com>
  System Administrator    (407)771-8919
  Convergys
  285 International Parkway,
  Lake Mary, FL 32746-5007

RE: user login authentication and session timeout

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Charles, you can use container managed security or the SecurityFilter  to authenticate users when accessing protected resources. You
can set the session time out by adding something like the following to your web.xml file:

<session-config>
        <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
</session-config>

You can find more information on SecurityFilter here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/securityfilter/

Your servlet container documentation should let you know how to
implement container managed security.

robert