Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/02 09:32:08 UTC

ManifoldCF + Alfresco + Solr security filtering problem

Hello all, I thought I had this all figured out, but I built a new
environment and it's not behaving as expected.  Not sure if I changed
something I shouldn't have or if it was never really working, but
here's the situation:

1. I have an Alfresco server storing documents.   There are 65 docs in
the built in "sample" space, which defaults to allowing access to
everyone.
2. With the MCF SearchComponent installed into Solr, if I pass the
AuthenticatedUserName parameter with any value, I get back all 65
documents as expected.
3. I added another space in Alfresco that only allows access for 4
specific users... testuser1, testuser2, testuser3, and testuser4. If I
log into Alfresco as any of those users I can view and/or upload
content to the space.
4. I put 7 documents in that space, and re-indexed with MCF.
5. Solr now shows a total of 72 documents for the core in question.
6. But, if I pass AuthenticatedUserName=testuser1 with my query, I
still only see the 65 docs from the other space.
7. If I temporarily turn off the MCF SearchComponent in Solr, I can
see the docs from the "locked down" space.

I set the various token fields to stored="true" so I can see what is
getting stored, and here's what I see for one sample document (one
that isn't being returned with the SearchComponent enabled, but which
should be).

"allow_token_document":["Alfresco:testuser1", "Alfresco:testuser2",
"Alfresco:testuser3", "Alfresco:testuser4"],
"deny_token_document":["__nosecurity__"],
"deny_token_parent":["__nosecurity__"],
"allow_token_share":["__nosecurity__"],
"allow_token_parent":["__nosecurity__"],
"deny_token_share":["__nosecurity__"],

Two things jump out to me:

1. I don't have entries for those users in allow_token_share and
allow_token_parent (and I'm not sure why not.  This part seems to be a
black box from the perspective of configuring MCF to crawl Alfresco)

2. The "domain" part in the entries in allow_token_document is coming
up as "Alfresco".  I tried adding AuthenticatedUserDomain=Alfresco to
my queries, but that didn't make any difference.

Can anybody see what is is that I'm missing here?  Is there maybe
something I need to do either in MCF or in Alfresco to make sure those
allow_token_share and allow_token_parent entries get populated, or is
it something else?

Any thoughts / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: ManifoldCF + Alfresco + Solr security filtering problem

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thaks Karl, here is the ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1473

FWIW, I have verified a couple of additional points:

1. The alfresco users I've been testing with (testuser1 mainly) are
authenticated from OpenLDAP on the Alfresco side, so I tried creating
a new "local" user (testuser8) and trying the whole scenario over
again with that user.  Same result.  So if the problem is on the
Alfresco side, it doesn't appear to matter if you're using LDAP or the
built-in auth stuff.

2. If I test with user "admin" I also do *not* get back the
TOKEN:Alfresco:admin token from the authority service, which means
that admin also cannot see the documents in the "secured" folder, even
though that user is the owner of the folder (that is, at ingestion
time, no allow_token_document for admin was inserted into Solr even
though admin has access to the folder).  Not sure if this is strictly
related to the other issue or not, but it seems counter-intuitive to
me at best.

Any insights you or the rest of the MCF community can share are very
much appreciated.  For now I have what appears to be a semi-usable
workaround using the NULL connector thing mentioned in the other
thread, so this isn't necessarily time critical on my end.  But it
would be nice to get it working properly.

Thanks,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.