Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/09 21:00:40 UTC

FTL vs Screen Widgets

I read in the emails that the ecommerce app is going to continue using
Freemarker/FTL pages and not migrate to screen widgets.

That isn't a concern but I was wondering the reasoning behind the
decision as I work on a lot of custom applications and always use
screen widgets where possible.

If screen widgets can be wrapped in a container (ie div) components
why is it better for customer-facing apps like ecommerce to be coded
with freemarker?

Thanks for your opinions.

Brett

Re: FTL vs Screen Widgets