Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org> on 2014/03/16 14:45:15 UTC

Sorry for JIRA spam

Sorry for all the email spam last night, folks.

I "Released" Lucene & Solr 4.7 in JIRA last night.  I updated the
instructions here
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Update_JIRA to explicitly
indicate *not* to have JIRA bump the Fix-version values.

~ David

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

Re: Sorry for JIRA spam

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
What I mean is that when you click the “Release” menu choice next to the version, JIRA optionally asks you if it should bump the fix versions (I forget the precise language).  It didn’t say that in doing so it would send a ton of email, and it didn’t give an option to suppress email.  Separately from this, the release instructions we have in our wiki describe how to advance the fix-versions in a way that suppresses email.  But if beforehand you let JIRA do it for you with just one-click as part of releasing the version, then it’ll send out the mass email.
~ David

From: "Mark Miller-3 [via Lucene]" <ml...@n3.nabble.com>>
Date: Monday, March 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM
To: "Smiley, David W." <ds...@mitre.org>>
Subject: Re: Sorry for JIRA spam

I don’t think it’s bad to have JIRA bump the fix version at all - you just want to supress an individual email for each change if its going to be that many.

--
Mark Miller
about.me/markrmiller

Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4124847&i=2>

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Sorry-for-JIRA-spam-tp4124545p4124847.html
NAML<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

Re: Sorry for JIRA spam

Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book