Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2015/04/20 19:06:40 UTC

360 Flex (was Re: How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?)

On 4/20/15, 8:05 AM, "Dave Glasser" <dg...@pobox.com> wrote:

>On a somewhat related subject, it appears that the 360 Flex conference is
>no more, although I can't find a formal announcement to that effect. Does
>anyone know what the deal is?

It’s been a while since I talked to the organizers, but while there is no
360|Flex planned for 2015, I don’t think it means there can’t be one
scrambled together later this year or couldn’t be one next year.  I’ve
asked the 800 or so folks on this mailing list about their interest in a
conference like 360|Flex and didn’t get an enthusiastic response, so I
haven’t pushed for a conference.  There is a certain financial outlay to
put together a conference and I don’t want the organizer to risk too much.

IMO, a 360|Flex doesn’t have to have the same format it has in the past.
It can be more like a summit, or just have a single track.  If we can
converge on a good idea and time frame for some sort of meet up, we can
see if the organizer wants to help up make it happen.

I don’t have the travel budget to do ApacheCon EU this year, but I can go
anywhere on the US west coast and possible other places in the US to meet
up F2F about Flex.  And, in case you missed it earlier, I will be happy to
spend some F2F time with anyone who can make it to Seattle to discuss Flex.

-Alex

AW: 360 Flex (was Re: How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
So Why Not concentrate on ApacheCons? We are part of the foundation and are a pretty active project. I don't see the need for something separately. And none really has to take any risk.

Chris

Gesendet mit meinem HTC