Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Yadav, Sushma" <Su...@colt.net> on 2009/06/04 07:02:14 UTC

Tomcat issue

Hi,

We are using Tomcat5.5 on LINUX plaftform.Tomcat is used by web client
of our one of the application known as Serena Dimensions.

>From past few days out tomcat shutdowns on daily basis or withinh an
interval of 2-3 days.then we have to restart it.

How we check:

1) Open the URL http://loncfg02:8080/   and we get "The page can not be
displayed"

   LONCFG02: It is our Linux box

  8080 is port in use

2) Then we login to loncfg02 box and go to tomcat directory and run sh
shutdown.sh and then starup.sh

3) The page get displayed.

I am  attaching tomcat log files for your refrence.

Please suggest why this is happening.Your support will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,

Sushma

The message is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone else, nor may it be copied in any way.

The contents of this message and its attachments are confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the named addressee and/or have received this message in error, please advise us by e-mailing security@colt.net and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Internet communications are not secure and COLT does not accept responsibility for this message, its contents nor responsibility for any viruses.

No contracts can be created or varied on behalf of COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("COLT") and any other party by email Communications unless expressly agreed in writing with such other party.

Please note that incoming emails will be automatically scanned to eliminate potential viruses and unsolicited promotional emails. For more information refer to www.colt.net or contact us on +44(0)20 7390 3900.

Re: Tomcat issue

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat issue

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Yadav, Sushma wrote:
> We are using Tomcat5.5 on LINUX plaftform.Tomcat is used by web client
> of our one of the application known as Serena Dimensions.

That could be one of 28 different 5.5.x versions. Which one is it?

> From past few days out tomcat shutdowns on daily basis or withinh an
> interval of 2-3 days.then we have to restart it.

How does it shutdown? Gracefully (as if someone had run the shutdown
script) or does it terminate abruptly as if someone had done a kill -9?

> I am  attaching tomcat log files for your refrence.

We don't need (or want) to see days of logs files. The only bits of
interest are when Tomcat shutdown so please provide extracts from the
logs at that time.

> Please suggest why this is happening.Your support will be highly
> appreciated.

Possibilities:
- someone is running the shutdown script
- an app is calling system exit
- the linux OOM killer

Mark