Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by ra...@jpmchase.com on 2006/03/01 22:32:30 UTC

continuum with clearcase

Hi All

How multi module maven2 project works with continuum(either 1.0.2/1.0.3
Snapshot) and clearcase

i have my project in clearcase has

Modules
    + Module A
         +SubModuleA
                -pom.xml
          +SubModuleB
                -pom.xml
      -pom.xml
     + Module B
          +SubModuleA
                -pom.xml
           +SubModuleB
                 -pom.xml
       - pom.xml
- pom.xml

Currently i'm using continuum 1.0.3 snapshot,

Then when i added MyProject has maven2 project its loaded all my modules
and submodules as seperate project, then i also removed -N option -  so
far happy.

But when i wanted to build only one module (like either Module A or
SubModule of A or SubModule of B like that) its not building for me coz it
doesn't find any source for them, when i see the working copy for these
only my top project that is Modules has all the source codes, but not all
other modules.

So is there something i'm missing here?

Thanks,
Raghu

Re: continuum with clearcase

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

raghurajan.x.gurunathan@jpmchase.com a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> How multi module maven2 project works with continuum(either 1.0.2/1.0.3
> Snapshot) and clearcase
>
> i have my project in clearcase has
>
> Modules
>     + Module A
>          +SubModuleA
>                 -pom.xml
>           +SubModuleB
>                 -pom.xml
>       -pom.xml
>      + Module B
>           +SubModuleA
>                 -pom.xml
>            +SubModuleB
>                  -pom.xml
>        - pom.xml
> - pom.xml
>
> Currently i'm using continuum 1.0.3 snapshot,
>
> Then when i added MyProject has maven2 project its loaded all my modules
> and submodules as seperate project, then i also removed -N option -  so
> far happy.

cool.

> But when i wanted to build only one module (like either Module A or
> SubModule of A or SubModule of B like that) its not building for me coz it
> doesn't find any source for them, when i see the working copy for these
> only my top project that is Modules has all the source codes, but not all
> other modules.

so your working directories for submodules are totally empty, right?

Do you have declare a <scm> in all your modules or only in parent? With your directory structure,
you can declare it only in parent.

You can check the scm url of your modules by running this:
mvn help:effective-pom

Are your modules scmUrls correct?

Emmanuel