Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2009/10/26 05:41:10 UTC

Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.0 build 001 "Alpha" is now committed

Hi Folks,

If you are watching lucene-net-commits<AT>incubator.apache.org you will
noticed that I just committed Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.0 build 001 "Alpha".
This is a port of src\Demo\* and src\Lucene.Net\*.  I was hoping to also
include src\Test\* but it's not ready yet (I got tied up with family
commitment over this weekend to wrap it up).  However, it's very close and I
expect to deliver it by next weekend.

Before my delivery of 2.9.0 code base, I tagged 2.4.0, and updated few files
in it.  I also generated MSDN style documentation for it.  You can find it
in tags\Lucene.Net_2_4_0\*

As for 2.9.0, indexing and searching works but not necessarily bug free, so
feel free to give it a shot and report back with issues and fixes via JIRA.
As in the past, I flagged port issues with {{Aroush-2.9}} (as well as
Debug.Fail() to catch run-time port issues).  The majority of those port
issues are either none-issues, or minor.  However, for now, I like to leave
them in for sanity check until when I get the test code ported.

Also, if you are following Apache Java Lucene, you will notice that there is
a major issue with 2.9.0 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1974)
This prompted the need to release of 2.9.1 which may happen next week or so.
This means, once 2.9.1 is release, we have to adopt it too -- the port of
2.9.1 should be minor and I'm thinking to role it up into 2.9.0.  E.g.:
switch over to 2.9.1 rather than release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.0 followed
with Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.1.

Finally, any further communication about port progress, I will confine them
to lucene-net-dev@ mailing list only and I ask that we all do the same
moving forward.  This way, we don't pollute the mailing list (I always used
both mailing list because we were a small community, but we are past that
now).

That's it for now.  So take 2.9.0 for a spin, and report back!

Thanks.

-- George

Re: Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.0 build 001 "Alpha" is now committed

Posted by "xzxz@mail.ru" <xz...@mail.ru>.
Hi,

Src does not compile out of the box: folder Payloads - does not exist,
what does exists - folder Payload (without ending s)
Please,  rename  search/payload -> search/payloads

Andrei

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace-inc.com>.
You rock George!  I'll switch my development to use the current trunk.  I agree with rolling Lucene.Net up to 2.9.1.

Looking forward to the test code!

Michael

Posted by "Monteiro, Alvaro" <Al...@sage.pt>.
Thank you so much for your effort!!

Al

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Then you must have over looked this:

>>> This is a port of src\Demo\* and src\Lucene.Net\*.  I was hoping to also
>>> include src\Test\* but it's not ready yet (I got tied up with family

I.e.: src\Test\* is not committed yet; it is still based on 2.4.0 so don't
bother to look into it for now.

-- George

Posted by "xzxz@mail.ru" <xz...@mail.ru>.

Posted by "xzxz@mail.ru" <xz...@mail.ru>.