Posted to library-dev@jakarta.apache.org by on 2010/01/01 00:01:01 UTC

reusable components. It sounds as though the purpose/mission of Avalon is
somewhat bendable at this time, and I would really hesitate to drop yet
another set of goals and visions on that group from the outside.  I would
take this from the other direction and say 'you now have a chance to
focus Avalon on the core product it is already known for *and* you can
keep your userbase without confusing people with a repurposing of Avalon
*and* everyone in Avalon is welcome here, it sounds like there are some
good candidates for really good single use components'

> Speaking for myself (and not for Avalon group) I would love to see a
> flattening of CVS access and allow an area to develope and maintain these
> different components within Avalon. I don't care about the politics of each
> component - as long as they are labeled as STABLE/ALPHA/BETA/whatever and
> stick to it.

The flattening of the CVS access I can't really comment on, I haven't been
here long enough to guess what effect that will have on the process. The
versioning/labeling I absolutely agree with.