Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com> on 2009/11/22 07:32:38 UTC

Auto-promote behavior? Re: svn commit: r881199 - /spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list

On 11/17/2009 03:50 AM, jm@apache.org wrote:

>   # good enough
> -VANITY
> -

For a while this rule was auto-promoted and pushed to the 3.3.0
sa-update channel.  But November 17th's promotions validation mail says
VANITY was removed from "good enough".  I see no FP's in the nightly
masschecks of the previous week that could cause this.  November 14th's
masscheck is the last day where it says VANITY instead of T_VANITY in
ruleqa.

This leaves me confused as to how auto-promote is supposed to behave?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: Auto-promote behavior? Re: svn commit: r881199 - /spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 24/11/2009 12:12 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/spamassassin/commits/144427
> Yesterday's auto-promotions brought back many of the rules that were
> demoted last week for seemingly no reason.  But the VANITY rule remains
> demoted.  Any idea what is going on here?

I've always felt that there was too much bounce happening in this
process.  I don't think the script collects any info about the previous
state of the list (ie I think it's based on single numbers, not a high
number to get on the list and a lower number to be kicked off the list).

I would suspect that there's another criteria that isn't being met...
perhaps the S/O is fine but the percentage of mail hit isn't always high
enough.

Daryl

Re: Auto-promote behavior? Re: svn commit: r881199 - /spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.

Auto-promote score?

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.
spamassassin/trunk/rulesrc/sandbox/khopesh/20_khop_bl.cf

meta KHOP_GREYED __GREYLISTED && (RDNS_NONE || RDNS_DYNAMIC ||
__HELO_NO_DOMAIN)
describe KHOP_GREYED    Greylisted and sent from dynamically-named relay
score    KHOP_GREYED    0.1

Say for example the masscheck shows good statistics on this (or any)
rule and the rule becomes auto-promoted.  In the past it seems
auto-promoted rules are included in the sa-update channel without a
score line.  This means they get 1 point regardless of what was intended
in the sandbox.

Was this intended behavior?

Is this an auto-promote bug?

Warren