Posted to user@struts.apache.org by me...@bpam.fr on 2002/12/05 13:22:05 UTC

reset method calls

Hi all,

Can someone explains me when(and why if possible) the reset method of
Action forms
is called.

Is it possible that the reset method is called even when there is no
explicit call to it ?

thanks in advance

Meissa

Re: reset method calls

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu>.
2002. december 5. 13:22 dátummal meissa.Sakho@bpam.fr ezt írtad:
> Can someone explains me when(and why if possible) the reset method of
> Action forms
> is called.

On every reuse of the ActionForm. Because it is necessary for the fields to be
resetted to a proper state. Think of checkboxes, password fields.

> Is it possible that the reset method is called even when there is no
> explicit call to it ?

There is an explicit call, just it is not you but the framework who calls it.

Hth,

Tib