Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "alaa.nobani" <al...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/22 12:02:50 UTC

Exception on startup -ClassNotFound-

Hi, Could anyone help me know what cause the following exception. it says
that the regionserver class am using in my habse-site.xml cnfig is missing,
the config part am using is:

<property>
        <name>hbase.regionserver.impl</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer</value>
        <description>The implementation of the above interface</description>
    </property>

The exception is:

localhost: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer
localhost:      at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:808)
localhost:      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2539)
localhost: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer
localhost:      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
localhost:      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
localhost:      at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
localhost:      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:303)
localhost:      at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
localhost:      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)

Anyone can help on this? Should I unclude more JARs in the lib?? or what?

Re: Exception on startup -ClassNotFound-

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
I see what you mean (I think) you need to know how to add this to the
regionservers to work as advertised. I checked the usual place like
the Wiki and the package-info of the "transactional" package but could
not find anything. Anyone else here can help? Should we open a JIRA to
add the appropriate docs to these places?

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alaa,

Posted by "alaa.nobani" <al...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Lars,