Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Harms <ja...@vivai.de> on 2003/02/05 11:45:13 UTC

Wiki Rules [Was: AW: Added a beginners page on basic cocoonapp organisation]

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

snip

> > 2)
> > You may want to link to other pages in the wiki, especially
> [sitemap] and
> > [UnderstandingCocoonMounts].
>
> Why not you make the change yourself? I changed some
> misdirected links on some
> other pages, and didn't even ask for a login... Dirt easy for
> small edits!!
>
> Wiki Rules... If there was only a XML version available, so I
> didn't have to
> be bothered with YASL...
>
> Niclas

Hi Niclas,

you´re probably right. The reason I didn´t do the changes myself is that I´m not sure about the Wiki-rules.

I understand that I can add a *new* wikipage anytime. But what about changing pages from another author? Of course I *can* change anything I want, since there is no login required... and of course I wouldn´t ask before fixing a broken link. However adding new links or content is something different, isn´t it?

Shall I mark my changes? Shall I inform the original author of the page? Shall I just add my comments at the end of the page, and leave the rest of the page unchanged?

Regards,

-Jan
--------------------------------
Dipl. Inf. Jan Harms

Software Developer
VIVAI Software AG
Königswall 1
44137 Dortmund
Germany

email   mailto:harms_at_vivai.de
url     http://www.vivai.de

Re: Wiki Rules [Was: AW: Added a beginners page on basic cocoonapp organisation]

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jan Harms wrote:

> Hi Niclas,
>
> you´re probably right. The reason I didn´t do the changes myself is
> that I´m not sure about the Wiki-rules.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiDesignPrinciples
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiHistory

In other words: relax and do what you think is good. _If_ 'we' don't
like what you do, we can always patch what you have done.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org