Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by "Castellon, Francisco" <ca...@syncrude.com> on 2001/07/05 23:40:42 UTC

Apache::ASP configuration

Hello:

First of all, this is what i am running on.

Win98SE - Apache 1.3.20 - PHP 4.0.6 - Mod_Perl 1.25 - Apache::ASP 2.17

Ok now. I installed Apache using the CPAN.
Now i have to configure apache's httpd.conf file. This is what i was told to
add:

# The following is for Apache::ASP
Alias /asp/ "/Apache/asp/"
<Location /asp>
   Sethandler perl-script
   Perlhandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar Global /Windows/tmp
</Location>

Now, right now i am just worried about getting the asp files to work, that's
all any extra tweaking i can do later (hopefully).
So i put the above in my httpd.conf file and i took a simple asp page to
test if everything was running fine, but it's not. Below is the code that i
used to test if ASP's were working: (The page's name is Test.asp)

<HTML>
<%
Response.Write "Hello World"
%>
<%="Hello World"%>
</HTML>

When i type http:/myIP/Test.asp all i get is

You are going to Dynamically build this page from the ASP Server

This could have also be written as:

So it doesnt write "Hello World" anywhere. I also tested some other simple
asp pages but nothing seems to work, in some of them i even see the code in
the page, like if the syntax is wrong, and i know it's not the syntax cause
well i got most of them as examples from websites showing ASP tutorials.
Could it be that my httpd.conf is configured wrong? what does this part
mean?
Alias /asp/ "/Apache/asp/"
<Location /asp>

Does this mean that i have to have a directory called "ASP" under C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache ?
because what i have been doing so far is putting all the asp pages under the
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs section of my structure. Does
anyone know what is going on here? any suggestions will be highly
appreciatted it. Thanx!!!

-Francisco

Re: Apache::ASP configuration

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
"Castellon, Francisco" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> First of all, this is what i am running on.
>
> Win98SE - Apache 1.3.20 - PHP 4.0.6 - Mod_Perl 1.25 - Apache::ASP 2.17
>
> Ok now. I installed Apache using the CPAN.
> Now i have to configure apache's httpd.conf file. This is what i was told to
> add:
>
> # The following is for Apache::ASP
> Alias /asp/ "/Apache/asp/"
> <Location /asp>
>    Sethandler perl-script
>    Perlhandler Apache::ASP
>    PerlSetVar Global /Windows/tmp
> </Location>

Check out http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
for directions on getting the ./site/eg example scripts to run

For a quick config, try also:

<Files ~ (\.asp)>
    Sethandler perl-script
    Perlhandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar NoState 1
</Files>

comment out the NoState line when you want $Session & $Application
defined for your scripts.  At that point you might want to read
up on state configs at http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#State%20Management

> <%
> Response.Write "Hello World"
> %>

This is VBScript & Apache::ASP currently only support perl scripting,
so the above would be:

<%
  $Response->Write("Hello World");
%>