Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/29 04:09:45 UTC

Rename the term "j2ee" to "javaee" or "jee" in G3.0?

hi,

I think it is a good time to stop calling "j2ee" in our new Geronimo.
There are a lot of places using this term, such as plugin project names,
artifact names, "j2eeType"...
So which one is more appropriate, javaee or jee?

Any thoughts?

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Rename the term "j2ee" to "javaee" or "jee" in G3.0?

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
2010/1/29 David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>

> I think "j2eeType" in object names and abstract names mapped to object
> names is a literal specified in jsr77 so we shouldn't change it.

OK, I see..

> I'd be OK with javaee or ee in package names as long as we are sure it
> won't disrupt anyones ongoing development.  So if you want to do this please
> figure out all the places that will change and make sure no one is working
> on them.

OK, I will open a jira and provide a patch first.

Thanks
-Rex

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Sure

you can leave a message under when you finish.

thanks

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Rex

--
Ivan

Re: Rename the term "j2ee" to "javaee" or "jee" in G3.0?

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, will use "javaee".

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Come on just use javaee, and be done with it.

--jason

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.