Posted to builds@apache.org by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de> on 2012/08/03 10:31:25 UTC

Wiping out the workspace does not work

Hi all,

I'm trying to wipe the workspace of the the job
https://builds.apache.org/job/etch-trunk-windows-x86
in order to do a clean build, but Jenkins is throwing the following error:

Status Code: 500
Exception: remote file operation failed: f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\etch-trunk-windows-x86 at hudson.remoting.Channel@76b5b7:windows1
Stacktrace:
hudson.util.IOException2: remote file operation failed: f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\etch-trunk-windows-x86 at hudson.remoting.Channel@76b5b7:windows1
[...]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\etch-trunk-windows-x86\externals\apache-ant\1.8.2\bin\ant

Could someone please clean the workspace folder
f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\etch-trunk-windows-x86\
on the windows1 node directly?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Wiping out the workspace does not work

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

JFYI - Apache Flex project build are having the same issue, so I assume it may be for all projects on that box.

Justin

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> I have a theory its my fault, the Jenkins process was down earlier, so I
> started it via jnlc in my
> User account - it could be that the Jenkins user does not have correct perms
> when started via
> Another user ?

That might be it. I connect as hudson to the Windows node which
probably starts the slave with the correct permissions.

/niklas

RE: Wiping out the workspace does not work

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Thoughts.

Gav...

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.