Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2001/07/06 18:58:09 UTC

[C2 patch] rewrite of RequestParamMatcher

Hi All,

	I've just revamped my RequestParamMatcher by turning it into an
	action, and making it store all request parameters for use in the
	sitemap, as opposed to specifying the parameter as previously
	implemented.

	Attached is the new source file (which can replace the
	RequestParamMatcher completely, it's compatible with it), and a patch
	to the webapp showing an example. Limited docs are in the javadoc
	comments.

	I've also added the locale action definition to the webapp (forgot to
	do it in my previous email), and fixed up the locale action's author
	tags for the docs (sorry Lassi/Konstantin! :-) )

	I've had thoughts about extending the RequestParamAction so that it
	can operate not just with request parameters, but also with
	session values, context values, etc. Is there be interest out there
	in having such functionality ?

	Cheers, hope everyone has a great weekend.

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750

Re: [C2 patch] rewrite of RequestParamMatcher

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> Hi All,
>
> I've just revamped my RequestParamMatcher by turning it into an
> action, and making it store all request parameters for use in the
> sitemap, as opposed to specifying the parameter as previously
> implemented.
>
> Attached is the new source file (which can replace the
> RequestParamMatcher completely, it's compatible with it), and a patch
> to the webapp showing an example. Limited docs are in the javadoc
> comments.
>
> I've also added the locale action definition to the webapp (forgot to
> do it in my previous email), and fixed up the locale action's author
> tags for the docs (sorry Lassi/Konstantin! :-) )

No problem, Marcus :)
Btw, as we have a Locale based language selection, so maybe LangSelect
action can be removed? All the LangSelect functionality is possible with the
new LocaleSelect action, isn't it? Also, LocaleSelect action is better
configurable than LangSelect.