Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2015/08/15 18:57:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Hi all

third attempt after six months, last time we couldn't agree on how we
wanted to treat the protected members of LZWInputStream, but this seems
to be resolved with COMPRESS-300 now.  So this is a fresh attempt.

JIRA says we've fixed 19 issues and the changes to the zip packages are
long overdue.

Compress 1.10 RC3 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/
    (svn revision 10183)

Maven artifacts are here:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1106/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.10/

Details of changes since 1.1 are in the release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-1.10-RC3/changes-report.html

I have tested this with JDK 1.7 and 1.8 using maven3.

The tag is here:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/compress/tags/COMPRESS-1.10-RC3
    (svn revision 1696055)

Site:
    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-1.10-RC3/

As I've always done in the past I intend to re-create and publish the
site once the release date is set.  The Javadocs 1.10 link is dead until
then.

Clirr Report (compared to 1.9):
    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-1.10-RC3/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-1.10-RC3/rat-report.html

KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.

This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 1700
GMT 18-August 2015

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-08-18, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:

> I found the source of the regression, outside c-c.

great

> So here's my +1 for the release.

and my own +1 as well.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.
I found the source of the regression, outside c-c.

So here's my +1 for the release.

Kristian

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-08-18, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:

> I'm investigating a regression in the maven test suites with this
> version of c-c (related to zip file attributes). At the moment I do
> not know if c-c is the culprit. Please give me an extra day before
> closing this vote.

Please take your time, thanks!

I'll be traveling the next three days so won't close the vote before
Saturday.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

[RESULT] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi all

with binding +1s by

Gary Gregory
Oliver Heger
Kristian Rosenvold
Stefan Bodewig

and no other votes the vote has passed.

I'll proceed with publishing the artifacts and will give the mirrors
time to catch up before updating the site and sending out the
announcement.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to review the release.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress Based on RC3

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

ASC OK, MD5 OK, site and site reports OK.

Builds like champ on:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
2014-12-14T09:29:23-08:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Building on Maven 3.3.x suffers from the well known
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V"
when building the Jira report.

Java 8 build OK as well with:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
2014-12-14T09:29:23-08:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\jre
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/