Posted to user@beam.apache.org by amir bahmanyari <am...@yahoo.com> on 2016/10/28 22:17:18 UTC

Beam KafkaIO() vs FLAFKA

Hi Colleagues,Is KafkaIO() 100% functionally equivalent of FLAFKA?Appreciate your comments on adv., disadv. functional gaps etc.... If there are gaps , how can KafkaIO() function 100% like FLAFKA?Thanks+regards,Amir-

Re: Beam KafkaIO() vs FLAFKA

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@google.com>.
'Flafka' look to be essentially Kafka support for Flume. In some sense
KafkaIO does the same for Kafka + Apache Beam.
If you are already using Flume, then it would make sense I think.

The differences are too large to list here. Beam is a generic programming
model and support arbitrarily complex processing pipeline.