Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/03/14 23:55:53 UTC

Draft blog post for Document Freedom Day

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_and_odf

It still needs a bit of work but I'm sharing the draft in case anyone
has some early feedback.

-Rob

Re: Draft blog post for Document Freedom Day

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ou...@gmail.com>.
On 13-03-16, at 19:16 , Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/03/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Kadal Amutham<vk...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Document Freedom Day, this year on February 21st, is a global celebration
>>> of the open standards,
>> Thanks.   I made that correction as well as a few others.
>
> Actually the version at
> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_and_odf
> still says Feb 21, but for the rest it is a nice post.
>
> There are a couple of typos at the end, after the ODF logo:
> - Check "many our volunteers"
> - Louis' last name is wrong

Thanks. I'd actually missed that. ;-)

Suárez-Potts.

Suárez is a very common name in the more fun parts of the world :-).

> - Check "doesn'tt"
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

-louis

Re: Interview Qs for Doc Freedom Day

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob, *

On 13-03-18, at 08:03 , Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts
> <ou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rob, or anyone else involved in ODF development and advocacy:
>>

> I can help here.  Doing this via email is best for me.

Super. Feel free to answer what you want at your leisure but ideally before 27 March. It can also be issued as a series of blog posts.

My blog, or the blog to which this would be posted, would be ooo-speak.blogspot. It's not by any means an official Apache blog and this would not be official Apache speak, though for all I care they are welcome to make it such. Idea is just to inform and promote and encourage participation, all of which, of course, fall well within the Apache mandate.

> -Rob

-louis

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 15/03/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Kadal Amutham<vk...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Document Freedom Day, this year on February 21st, is a global celebration
>>> of the open standards,
>>
>> Thanks.   I made that correction as well as a few others.
>

> Actually the version at
> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_and_odf
> still says Feb 21, but for the rest it is a nice post.
>
> There are a couple of typos at the end, after the ODF logo:
> - Check "many our volunteers"
> - Louis' last name is wrong
> - Check "doesn'tt"

Thanks.  I made those corrections and changed the date to March 27th.

-Rob

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
As per wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Freedom_Day, the document
freedom day is last wednesday of march. So this year it is March 27th. But
AOO blog says Feb 21st. Which is correct?

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
This logo looks simple and neat. Have you seen the logo at
http://3frames.in/AOO/ShowLogo.html

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480