Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Desbois <ro...@chronos.co.uk> on 2006/09/29 11:29:18 UTC

[users@httpd] interactive HTTP response

Hi all,

I develop a product which uses Apache HTTPD and PHP to (a) provide an interface for remote data delivery engine (DDE) to upload data, and (b) provide an interface for users to get at this data.
I want to enhance our testing framework, and an idea I have for how to do this is to create a program which runs on the same computer as the HTTP server. When a request is given to the web server, the program would be notified. The program would display the request to the user, who could then decide on the response to be sent. In other words, I want something similar to the following:

DDE ----[http request]----> HTTPD ----> PHP ----> client program ----> user

Having written that, it appears that PHP might be a better place to ask this. Has anybody used a system like this before or seen one around? Any ideas on how I might implement it?

Thanks,
--Rob