Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Carter, John G" <Jo...@ca.com> on 2003/06/17 00:57:42 UTC

WSDD documentation

Is there any detailed documentation on the syntax and meaning of the tags used to create a WSDD file?  In particular, I'm trying to figure out how to get Axis to use a static WSDL file when it does a ?wsdl on a service rather than generating one of its own.  I've used the syntax <wsdlFile>/<servicename>.wsdl</wsdlFile> in my WSDD file which I thought would pick up the WSDL file from the axis\WEB-INF\classes directory but it does not seem to be working.  Axis keeps telling me:

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - java.io.FileNotFoundException: \TwoWebServices.wsdl (The system cannot find the file specified)

Re: WSDD documentation

Posted by Michael Woinoski <mi...@pineneedleconsulting.com>.
There is an overview of the wsdd file contents at
AXIS_HOME/docs/reference.html#Deployment.

Mike

--

Mike Woinoski                      Pine Needle Consulting
mailto:michaelw@pineneedleconsulting.com

Re: WSDD documentation

Posted by Michael Woinoski <mi...@pineneedleconsulting.com>.
I haven't found a schema for the wsdd file yet, but here's one that works for
me:

 <service name="StringOpsService" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="className" value="crs577.ex21sol.StringOpsImpl"/>
    <wsdlFile>/StringOpsService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
 </service>
</deployment>

The wsdl file lives in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes

Mike