Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jefferson Magno Solfarello <jm...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 21:15:58 UTC

Strange dependency resolution

Hello all,  I have two projects here:

One called *bp.ws.bp.ws.brokerinformation.war*
And other called *bp.ws.bp.ws.brokerinformation.ear *

The idea of the ear project is to assemble an ear file with the war file and
a specific application.xml file

On the bp.ws.bp.ws.brokerinformation.*war*, I have on my ivy.xml:

    <publications>
        <artifact name="bp.ws.brokerinformation.war" type="war" ext="war"/>
    </publications>

So, it publishes a file called bp.ws.brokerinformation*.war.war*
It's a requirement here (and not a problem) having .war twice (one for the
name of the project and other for the extension of the file)

On the bp.ws.bp.ws.brokerinformation.*ear*, I have:

    <dependencies>
        <dependency name="bp.ws.brokerinformation.war" rev="1.0"
transitive="false"/>
    </dependencies>

The dependency is module level, right?
When I run <ivy:resolve> on it, Ivy is trying to find the file
bp.ws.brokerinformation.*war.jar* that is not in my repository, I have there
bp.ws.brokerinformation.*war.war*

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Jefferson

Re: Strange dependency resolution

Posted by Jefferson Magno Solfarello <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maarten,

is there a specific place (log files or something similar) where I can check
which ivy.xml is beeing used?

Thanks a lot,

Jefferson

Posted by Jefferson Magno Solfarello <jm...@gmail.com>.