Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2015/05/08 11:42:11 UTC

Re: Legacy support for HornetQ

Quick update on where we are with this.

The old message property keys (and values) i.e. the ones starting with
"HQ" have been completely removed from the code base and are no longer
used in the Artemis Core protocol.  These keys have been replaced with
"AMQ" equivalents.  This work was done as part of:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACTIVEMQ6-97?jql=project%20%3D%20ACTIVEMQ6
and removes completely any notion of the HornetQ protocol in the core
server and clients.

A separate protocol module has been created that speaks the HornetQ
protocol for compatibility with the legacy HornetQ clients.  The
protocol module can be enabled or disabled by dropping the protocol jar
on the class path (in the same way that other Artemis protocol modules
work such as AMQP, STOMP and OPENWIRE).  This work was completed as part
of:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACTIVEMQ6-100?jql=project%20%3D%20ACTIVEMQ6.
The implementation is  simplistic in that it consists simply of a
message interceptor that translates HornetQ messages to/from Artemis Core.

You can expect to see something like this when booting the server with
the HornetQ protocol jar on the class path:

13:29:42,450 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221043: Protocol module found: [artemis-server]. Adding protocol support for: CORE
13:29:42,451 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221043: Protocol module found: [artemis-amqp-protocol]. Adding protocol support for: AMQP
13:29:42,451 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221043: Protocol module found: [artemis-stomp-protocol]. Adding protocol support for: STOMP
13:29:42,452 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221043: Protocol module found: [artemis-openwire-protocol]. Adding protocol support for: OPENWIRE
13:29:42,454 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221043: Protocol module found: [artemis-hornetq-protocol]. Adding protocol support for: HORNETQ
13:29:42,674 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221020: Started Acceptor at localhost:61616 for protocols [CORE,AMQP,STOMP,HORNETQ,OPENWIRE]

Regards
Martyn