Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com> on 2005/03/04 13:36:15 UTC

Access rights + WebDAV/apache

Hi all,

I use subversion 1.0.6 with WebDAV on my server. I try to override an
access control definition and corresponding behaviour is not determinist.
Example:
-->8-----------------------
[/]
*=r
@members=rw

[/]
*=
@authors=rw
-->8-----------------------

Sometimes @authors have access to /, sometimes they can't ...

Is this possible to override a access definition ?

Regards,
Manuel

--
# VACELET Manuel     manuel.vacelet-abecedaire(at)st(dot)com #
# STMicroelectronics - HPC/STS                               #

Re: Access rights + WebDAV/apache

Posted by Nicolas Guerin <Ni...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Manuel,

It seems like you cannot restrict rights that were already granted on
the same path.
In your example, if you grant read access to everyone, then it cannot be
restricted later on the same section.
You can restrict access to a sub-section though (e.g. [/private] here).

I know this is an issue, and it is not documented...

Does anyone else have an idea?

Nicolas