Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/11/25 15:30:05 UTC

Finalizing the new Project STATUS template

Finally I have finished the new draft for a project incubation status
page that should be more workable.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NewProjectStatusTemplate

Comments, suggestions, blah blah blah welcome.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Finalizing the new Project STATUS template

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Finally I have finished the new draft for a project incubation status
>>page that should be more workable.
>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NewProjectStatusTemplate
>
> Minor nit: there actually is a Wonka project, so let's not use the name.
> :-)

:-)

> Items in tables that need to be checked off should have a way of being
> checked, either by completion date, PMC Chair initials, checkmark image, or
> something.

That's the idea. In fact "id" should be the Apache id of the person
checking it, and date the date it was checked.

> I do see that there is a data field in section 5, but it seems
> to me that we can have both a date that the item was added (became active),
> and a completion date.

Hmmm... the items are added at the beginning. Probably we should add an
extra section of items that have been added afterwards.

> Some items are supposed to be listed, and don't seem to have a place, e.g.,
> the list of Committers.  The latter should go in Project Info, I believe.

Yes. All data and extra infos are to be added to that table, likr for
example a link to the PMC vote that accepted the project or any other thing.

> Thoughts?
>
> Overall, I like it a lot.  Can you do a real one for the Directory project,
> and we'll see how that looks?

I was hoping to hear this :-)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Finally I have finished the new draft for a project incubation status
> page that should be more workable.

> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NewProjectStatusTemplate

Minor nit: there actually is a Wonka project, so let's not use the name.
:-)

Items in tables that need to be checked off should have a way of being
checked, either by completion date, PMC Chair initials, checkmark image, or
something.  I do see that there is a data field in section 5, but it seems
to me that we can have both a date that the item was added (became active),
and a completion date.

Some items are supposed to be listed, and don't seem to have a place, e.g.,
the list of Committers.  The latter should go in Project Info, I believe.

Thoughts?

Overall, I like it a lot.  Can you do a real one for the Directory project,
and we'll see how that looks?

	--- Noel