Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2012/01/09 22:18:44 UTC

Updated the CXF eclipse setup......

On trunk, if you use the -Psetup.eclipse profile, it will no longer set a
couple of the compiler warnings to "ignore" on the workspace level.
Previously, due to crappy code generators, we had set a few of the compiler
flags to "ignore" which has pretty much resulted in some less than ideal code
being committed.

In the last week or so, I went through and fixed all the warnings (over 2K of
them) in the CXF code so the CXF specific parts are now all warning free using
the default eclipse compiler settings.    There are still warnings in
testutils, databinding/sdo, and databinding/xmlbeans due to the generated code
in those projects having issues.    Thus, I've updated the setup.eclipse
profiles in those projects to specifically turn off the warnings that are
needed, but ONLY for those projects, not globally workspace level.   Thus,
using the  -Psetup.eclipse profile will allow the CXF projects to import in
with 0 warnings.

Anyway, I would suggest recreating new workspaces to go back to the default
settings.   You could also turn back on:

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingSerialVersion
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.unusedImport
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.annotationSuperInterface
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.rawTypeReference

at the global level if you don't want to re-create the workspace.

--
Daniel Kulp