Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mohan Venkatesan <Mo...@igate.com> on 2004/11/05 13:06:20 UTC

Log4j and JBoss issue

Hi ,

	I am working in Log4j for my web application.

	I am using Eclipse2.1, Log4j 1.2.8, JBoss 3.2.2
	I am having problem in the log4J concepts.
	I am using my own Logger.java.

	I have set the root category in the Log4j.properties to the WARN.I am using File appender.
	Then I have used log.debug(), log.info(), log.warn(), log.error(), log.fatal() in my applications.

	Even when I set the root category as WARN, it enabling all levels and appending the information of all the levels in 		the file.

	So I started to analyze the code.
	So I set the eclipse in debug mode and stated the application.

	When it comes to the line logger.log() , when I place the cursor on

		1) logger - it shows org.apache.log4j.Category

		2) log - it shows as org.jboss.logging.Logger

	So I understand that, it inherits the log4j properties from the jboss.

	So all the levels get enabled.

	So i want to know, how to override or disable the Jboss's inbulit Log4j.

	Please help in this tough suitation. I am trying this for last 2 days.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohan Venkatesan

Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com and delete this EMAIL including any attachments.

Re: Log4j and JBoss issue

Posted by Ted Gittinger <te...@cpa.state.tx.us>.
You may to read the article at http://qos.ch/logging/sc.html.