Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by winfreight <ja...@winfreight.co.za> on 2012/07/10 11:22:06 UTC

C# big messages returns null but get dequeued

Hi there,

ITextMessage Message = consumer.Receive(ts) as ITextMessage;

I'm using the above statement to read messages, If the massage is big the
above statement will return null but will dequeue the message.

What do I need to do in order to read big messages and to prevent the
statement from Dequeueing messages if it returned null?

Thanks in advance.

Re: C# big messages returns null but get dequeued

Posted by winfreight <ja...@winfreight.co.za>.
Hi Mickhayes,

The message length is 34423. Is the a way to increase the size that the
consumer can receive?

Re: C# big messages returns null but get dequeued

Posted by mickhayes <mi...@gmail.com>.
Can I ask: At what length of message/string do you get this behaviour?

The hard limit on maximum length is 2^31 -1, but I would suggest you drop a
file somewhere accessible and use JMS to send the reference if you have such
large messages.

With any kind of large messages, you really have to think about each client
and broker, and make sure they are resourced for the messaging load.

-----
Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA