Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Guy Laurent <Gu...@arena-online.com> on 2002/10/10 13:01:21 UTC

Properties not loaded?

When I set the system property using "java
-Dlog4j.configuration=/mydir/log4j.properties myClass"
I do not get the properties held in here picked up. I though if I specified
this property I would never have to invoke the
PropertyConfigurator.configure or PropertyConfigurator.basicConfiguration
functions. If I do can you suggest a was to call this if I don't have access
to the enter point of the application. Currently I have to put a static
initialized in every class that logs.

Thanks
Guy