Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2017/10/20 15:49:02 UTC

Using provisioning in a NON-sling app

Hello there,

for pure interest I'd like to create something line a felix quickstart,
or in other words the sling launchpad. So something that with a double
click will fire up a felix framework and install a specified list of
bundles.

While looking at [0] it looks rather simple to spin up a felix framework
and then pull a list of bundles from a whatever plain/text file within
`src/main/resources`; it sounds like re-inventing the wheel.

0)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/examples/servicebased.host/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/example/servicebased/host/launch/Application.java

I'm therefore looking into the option of leveraging the sling
provisioning model [1]; but it's not clear to me if/how I can leverage
it from an application that has nothing to do with Sling. It won't run
on sling and it will have nothing to do with it. I will simply be an
"hello world" on felix.

1)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/builder/src/main/provisioning/

Cheers
Davide

RE: Using provisioning in a NON-sling app

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
>I'm therefore looking into the option of leveraging the sling
>provisioning model [1]; but it's not clear to me if/how I can leverage
>it from an application that has nothing to do with Sling. It won't run
>on sling and it will have nothing to do with it. I will simply be an
>"hello world" on felix.
>
>1)
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/builder/src/main/prov
>isioning/

this works perfectly, we've done this in the past for osgi-based microservices which could either started standalone or deployed as WAR.
see here for a simple example:
https://github.com/wcm-io-caravan/caravan-tooling/tree/develop/integration-test/minimal-launchpad

stefan