Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/03/29 06:46:29 UTC

Books on OS Java

Kind of related to the discussion on resources and to a query of mine to
the Commons list to mention news about a new book on Jakarta Commons, I've
put together a site that lists all [I think] the books on open source Java
projects.

http://www.osjava.org/pergamum/

Implementation wise, it's a set of xml db files, a set of xml content
files and a single xsl sheet to merge the two. MVC with XML, probably I
imagine a poor-mans Cocoon. It's also my first attempt at a pure-CSS site,
so feel free to rip on the l&f with good improvement ideas :) [such as
maintaining the nav bar or something].

I initially considered the Amazon web service stuff, but it mandates that
I link items only to Amazon, which sucks. I want to at least link to the
publishers, so I had to build my own db. Thus no piccies.

Anyway, any opinions/rants/ideas welcome.

Hen