Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Hervé Guidetti <he...@idbsoft.ch> on 2001/03/28 09:22:51 UTC

How to allowInlineToOverride with Velocimacro ?

Hi,

I'd like to know where and who to set allowInlineToOverride=true to use this
feature. I tried to add
velocimacro.permissions.allowInlineToOverride=true in Velocity.properties
but it doesn't work.

Any help ?
Thanks,

Hervé

Re: How to allowInlineToOverride with Velocimacro ?

Posted by Hervé Guidetti <he...@idbsoft.ch>.
Thank but ...
I  tried this but I think it still doesn't work.

In fact I have a Velocimacro in a template. I change it and I must restart
Turbine to view the changes. In the code I modify is out of the macro I
don't need to restart. I thought that the allowInlineToOverride propertie
was the solution but it isn't.

So my question is : is it possible to tell Turbine to reload the Velocimacro
when they change ?

Thanks for your help

Hervé

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Hervé Guidetti wrote:

> I use TDK1.1a11.
> I tried  to write (in TR.props)
> services.TurbineVelocityService.allow.inline.to.override.to.replace.global=t
> rue
> and
> services.TurbineVelocityService.velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.over
> ride.to.replace.global=true
>  but the properties is always false (in the Velocity.log).
>
> Any suggestion ?

I think the prop you want is :

velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global

with the turbine stuff stuck on the front...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/28/01 8:46 AM, "Hervé Guidetti" <he...@idbsoft.ch> wrote:

> I use TDK1.1a11.
> I tried  to write (in TR.props)
> services.TurbineVelocityService.allow.inline.to.override.to.replace.global=t
> rue
> and
> services.TurbineVelocityService.velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.over
> ride.to.replace.global=true
> but the properties is always false (in the Velocity.log).
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Hervé

You need to upgrade to a newer turbine.jar/velocity.jar or wait for the next
TDK. This stuff is newer than the TDK.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: How to allowInlineToOverride with Velocimacro ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Hervé Guidetti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know where and who to set allowInlineToOverride=true to use this
> feature. I tried to add
> velocimacro.permissions.allowInlineToOverride=true in Velocity.properties
> but it doesn't work.

If you are using a current version of Turbine then there is no
longer a velocity.properties file. Everything is specified in
the TR.props file. The property tags are the same as in the velocity
documentation but the prefixes have been changed to make the
velocity service conform to the configuration of other turbine
services. So what you want is something like

services.TurbineVelocityService.allow.inline.to.override.to.replace.global
= <boolean>

> Any help ?
> Thanks,
>
> Hervé