Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 03:45:01 UTC

activation by property versus versus releases versus integration tests

I am a bit stumped to discover that

             <activation>
	      <property>
		<name>skip.integration.tests</name>
		<value>false</value>
	      </property>
            </activation>

is not triggered by a property setting inside the POM itself. Only a
command-line -D will do.

My problem is that I'm trying to turn off some integration tests in
the release process. I can turn off the failsafe execution, not a
problem. However, the maven-jetty-plugin lacks a 'skip' property. I
moved the whole business into a profile, but ! doesn't work in the
release plugin profile list, and -P! doesn't work in the arguments.

Anyone got another suggestion?

Re: activation by property versus versus releases versus integration tests

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I don't know how interested they are in messing with their 'version 6'
branch, though some of us are glued to it at the moment. I can but
ask. I keep wishing that Maven itself had more ways that profile (b)
could turn off things from the base or a previous profile (a).

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.