Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dm_tim <dm...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/30 00:49:04 UTC

Problem installing Solr-4.0 in Linux

Howdy,

I'm having rather a lot of difficulty getting Solr 4.0 running under Linux
(I got it up-and-running under Windows very quickly). My web server is
Glassfish 3.1.1. Additonally, my solr/home dir is /opt/solr/solr-4.0 and my
data dir is /opt/solr/data .

When I deploy the solr war file or restart glassfish I get the following
exception:
[#|2012-11-29T15:42:10.439-0800|WARNING|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|StandardWrapperValve[LoadAdminUI]:
PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet LoadAdminUI threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeUtils

This makes no sense to me as that class is inside the war file. At this
point I have no idea what to do to get past this. I've been hammering at
this for quite some time now. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Tim