Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sol myr <so...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/11 14:13:59 UTC

[cxf] Support for Oasis "Asynchronous Service Access Protocol (ASAP)" ?

Hi,

Does CXF support the Oasis "Asynchronous Service Access Protocol (ASAP)" ?

Namely, we'd like the Service side to receive a request of type "CreateInstanceRq", and in response:
1) Launch a thread which executes the Service logic
2) Expose some operations which report on the execution progress (Oasis-ASAP-standard operations such as "GetProperties", "Sucscribe", etc).

We realize we can implement it ourselves, but were wondering whether CXF has any *built in* utilities to help with this?

Thanks very much.

Re: [cxf] Support for Oasis "Asynchronous Service Access Protocol (ASAP)" ?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu June 11 2009 8:13:59 am sol myr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does CXF support the Oasis "Asynchronous Service Access Protocol (ASAP)" ?

Nope.

> Namely, we'd like the Service side to receive a request of type
> "CreateInstanceRq", and in response: 1) Launch a thread which executes the
> Service logic
> 2) Expose some operations which report on the execution progress
> (Oasis-ASAP-standard operations such as "GetProperties", "Sucscribe", etc).
>
> We realize we can implement it ourselves, but were wondering whether CXF
> has any *built in* utilities to help with this?

Not yet, but patches would be MORE than welcome.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org