Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org> on 2020/04/19 00:27:56 UTC

Could we add CD for dashboard?

Hi, community,

First, the good news is that we have an active contributor @bzp2010
<https://github.com/bzp2010> who is helping us to build a Docker image for
Dashboard, so users could get rid of the issue about building dashboards on
various platforms.

Another thing is that, for the experience of previewing PRs, I recommend
adding CD for the dashboard (based Next branch), so we could preview first
before merging codes. There are two platforms we could choose:

1. ZEIT[1]: ZEIT is now free for personal accounts, and $20 per member for
team accounts.
2. Azure[2]: Azure has free plans, and we should build GitHub actions to
integrate with it.

After trying those two platforms, ZEIT is more convenient than Azure, and
it supports multiple temp domains for previewing PRs, but we need to
request permission from Apache I think to install ZEIT as an app for the
Dashboard repo,  and I'm not sure if we could use a personal account for it.

Any good ideas?

[1] https://zeit.co/dashboard
[2] https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://www.shaoyaoju.org/>

Re: Could we add CD for dashboard?

Posted by Ayeshmantha Perera <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Netlify. I think that suits for dashboard CD.

Thanks
Ayesh

--
*Software Engineer*
*Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft *

Re: Could we add CD for dashboard?

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.

--