Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Andrei Budnik <ab...@mesosphere.io> on 2018/04/05 12:00:07 UTC

Update the *Minimum Linux Kernel version* supported on Mesos

Hi All,

We would like to update minimum supported Linux kernel from 2.6.23 to
2.6.28.
Linux kernel supports cgroups v1 starting from 2.6.24, but `freezer` cgroup
functionality was merged into 2.6.28, which supports nested containers.

If anyone uses older Linux kernel version, please let me know!

Best,
Andrei

Re: [mesos-mail] Re: Update the *Minimum Linux Kernel version* supported on Mesos

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@apache.org>.
Hi all, FYI we landed this patch <https://reviews.apache.org/r/66404/> to
avoid nested freezer cgroup support check for old kernel versions. Please

- Gilbert

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.