Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/07 18:23:01 UTC

Maven source distribution?

How is the Maven source distribution produced?  (For example,
maven-2.0.3-src.zip in /dist/maven/source on www.apache.org.)

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: Maven source distribution?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/7/06, John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> See:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/pom.xml
>
> There is a plugin entry in that POM for the source assembly. I don't
> think I merged it across to the trunk, since it's sort of a hack as I
> recall...

Thanks.  So you didn't have to do anything special to get it to
include the files in maven-2.0.x, like the pom.xml above, and
bootstrap.bat?

I don't see anything here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/src/assemble/src.xml
that would include those files, yet they're in the maven-2.0.3 source
distribution.

With maven-assembly-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT, I'm _not_ getting the
top-level (struts/action/trunk) pom.xml included. :/  (I'm also not
getting the target/* files for jars... but I *am* getting them for
wars.)

Thanks again,

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
See:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/pom.xml

There is a plugin entry in that POM for the source assembly. I don't
think I merged it across to the trunk, since it's sort of a hack as I
recall...

-john

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
I think it's in maven-core

> On 4/7/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How is the Maven source distribution produced?  (For example,
> > maven-2.0.3-src.zip in /dist/maven/source on www.apache.org.)
>
> After finding these...
>    http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Release+Process
>    http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/2.0.3+Release+Notes
>
> I'm able to put most of the pieces together.  One question remains:
>
> Where is your maven-assembly-plugin configuration coming from?
>
> Neither the maven-parent pom
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/maven/pom.xml
> nor the pom for the maven components
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/pom.xml
> has a <plugin> section for it.
>
> I bet I'll find it in the same place as the profile activated by the
> 'source-assembly' property, as in:
>    mvn assembly:assembly -Dsource-assembly=true
>
> I'm stuck trying to figure out how you're getting files in the 'top
> level' (i.e., pom.xml and bootstrap.bat from maven/components/trunk)
> into the source assembly, because I'm only getting the contents of
> each module specified in the assembly descriptor.

> Wendy

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride