Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by dolbydc <do...@base2s.com> on 2013/05/07 19:04:42 UTC

Re: Rolling File appender with compression doesn't seem to work

I am running on linux with the following as my rolling filename my.log.%d.gz,
gzip's location is in my path, however upon rolling over I only get files of
the nature:

my.log.3
my.log.2
my.log.1
my.log

They are not compressed using gzip as I would expect given the documenation.

Re: Rolling File appender with compression doesn't seem to work

Posted by chand priyankara <ch...@engineering.com>.
Can we look at your configuration file please?

regards,

*Chand Priyankara*  [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/chand.priyankara>
 [image: LinkedIn] <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/chandpriyankara> [image:
Blogger] <http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.com/> [image: Google