Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Moshe Kaplan <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 14:10:25 UTC

ATS, PURGE and 403 Access Denied

Hi,

I'm trying to PURGE a file from the cache according to
http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/cache.htm#RemoveObjectFromCache
and
get "HTTP/1.1 403 Access Denied" in response.
Please find some details:

   1. The ATS version is 2.1.7
   2. The command that I use is curl -X PURGE -v "
   http://example.com/remove_me.jpg according to the ATS manual
   3. I use of course another path :-)
   4. I tried to run it both from inside the server and from a remote host
   5. I checked and the cached file was not deleted
   6. When I run the the ATS manually (/usr/local/bin/traffic_server -T
   http_hdrs), I get:

+++++++++ Proxy's Response 2 +++++++++
-- State Machine Id: 0
HTTP/1.1 403 Access Denied
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 11:52:25 GMT
Connection: close
Server: ATS/2.1.7-unstable

Are you familiar with that case? If so, what can be done?

Thanks in advance,
Moshe

Re: ATS, PURGE and 403 Access Denied

Posted by Moshe Kaplan <mo...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

I think that I found the answer in the Apache Traffic Server mail archive:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201104.mbox/%3c4DB0792D.8040501@apache.org%3e

Best,
Moshe Kaplan