Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gerrit boers <gb...@xs4all.nl> on 2006/02/13 16:02:35 UTC

Validation block includes in schemas

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the validation block (2.1.8) for complicated
schema's with multiple includes. Searching for the cause I added a
simple include to the sample (schema-ok):

<xs:include schemaLocation="schema-no.xsd"/>

This is the error I get:

org.w3c.dom.ls.LSException: Exception resolving resource null

Here's part of the trace:

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.jaxp.JaxpResolver.resolveResourc
e(JaxpResolver.java:69)
	at org.apache.xerces.util.DOMEntityResolverWrapper.resolveEntity
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.resolveEntity(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.resolveDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.resolveSchema
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.constructTrees
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory.newSchema
(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.jaxp.JaxpSchemaParser.parseSchem
a(JaxpSchemaParser.java:159)

My question: Is this an error? A path problem (I tried using absolute
refs)? Or expected behaviour?

may thanks in advance,

Gerrit Boers

P.S. I'm building an HL7v3 message validation application in Cocoon.