Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jean Pierre URKENS <je...@devoteam.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/16 10:25:32 UTC

Throttling or rate limiting JAX-RS requests

 Throttling or rate limiting JAX-RS requests

Hi all,

We’re planning to use Apache CXF to implement an JAX-RS service that
provides public endpoints, i.e. no authentication/authorization required.

View the public nature of these endpoints, we’d like to protect against
overuse or even abuse of our resource endpoints.

Therefore I’d like to know whether Apache CXF provides any mechanism to
throttle or rate-limit incoming requests. I had a ‘quick’ look at the
Interceptor
and ContainerRequestFilter interface but there doesn’t seem to be anything
out-of-the-box. So any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

J.P.