Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Aaron Smuts <AS...@therealm.com> on 2002/02/15 16:46:51 UTC

JCS package info

> Yeah. What helps a lot is understanding better how it is partitioned,
> and what responsibilities the major packages have. We should probably
> get some package level documentation in there, I think that would help
> others a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Here's some brief package information.  It is just a start and does not
include every subpackage.

JCS Package Information

Access
These packages house the classes that a user of JCS should need to access
the cache.

org\apache\stratum\jcs
org\apache\stratum\jcs\access

Configuration
This package contains the cache configuration code.

org\apache\stratum\jcs\config

Engine
These packages contain the code for the core of the cache: core interfaces,
queues, and the cache hub.

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine
org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\behavior
(Interfaces used by the core and the auxiliary caches)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\control
(The primary cache classes and the hub.)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\group
(The group cache code.  Some classes here should be under control)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\memory
(Parent package for memory type plugins.)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\memory\behavior
(Interfaces for memory caches.)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\memory\lru
(The primary memory plugin.)

org\apache\stratum\jcs\engine\memory\mru

Auxiliary Caches
Auxiliary caches generally fall into 3 types - disk, lateral, and remote.
Additional auxiliaries should be put into the appropriate parent package.

org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\behavior

Disk
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\disk
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\disk\jisp
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\disk\hsql

Lateral
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral

org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\socket
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\socket\tcp
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\socket\tcp\behavior
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\socket\tcp\utils

org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\socket\udp

org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\http
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\http\server
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\http\broadcast
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\lateral\http\remove

Remote
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote\server
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote\server\behavior
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote\server\group
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote\group
org\apache\stratum\jcs\auxiliary\remote\behavior

Utilities
These packages contain utility classes used by JCS.  Many can eventually be
converted to commons utilities.
org\apache\stratum\jcs\utils
org\apache\stratum\jcs\utils\servlet

Distributes Session
These utilities packages contain the distributed session code.
org\apache\stratum\jcs\utils\servlet\session

Re: JCS package info

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
I'll document this in xdoc format and add it to the stratum
documentation I am working on.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 10:46:51AM -0500, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> > Yeah. What helps a lot is understanding better how it is partitioned,
> > and what responsibilities the major packages have. We should probably
> > get some package level documentation in there, I think that would help
> > others a lot.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
>

> Here's some brief package information.  It is just a start and does not
> include every subpackage.

[snip]