Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Roman Uhlig Maxity.de" <ro...@maxity.de> on 2009/08/18 12:38:32 UTC

Does ExternalLink URL encode?

Just a simple question, I couldn't find any hint on this in the mailing
list and the wiki.

Is ExternalLink doing some URL encoding with the href param or will I
have to do it on my own? Something like:

new ExternalLink(
	"id",
	"http://www.mysite.com/page.jsp?title=" +
URLEncoder.encode("This is a title", "UTF-8")
);

Thanks,
Roman

Re: Does ExternalLink URL encode?

Posted by Jonas <ba...@gmail.com>.
"Use the Source, Luke!"

have a look at ExternalLink#onComponentTag

Posted by Steamus <st...@gmail.com>.

Roman Uhlig  Maxity.de wrote:

> Just a simple question, I couldn't find any hint on this in the mailing
> list and the wiki.
>
> Is ExternalLink doing some URL encoding with the href param or will I
> have to do it on my own? Something like:
>
> new ExternalLink(
> 	"id",
> 	"http://www.mysite.com/page.jsp?title=" +
> URLEncoder.encode("This is a title", "UTF-8")
> );

It was the same question a couple of months ago. For some reason there was
no this problem with Wicket 1.3.5. But after migration to 1.4 I have to
encode URL parameters manually:

parameters.put( "toFind", URLEncoder.encode( searchLine, "UTF-8" ) );

String lineToSearch = parameters.getString( "toFind" );

try {
      lineToSearch = URLDecoder.decode( lineToSearch, "UTF-8" );
}
catch( UnsupportedEncodingException e ) {
      e.printStackTrace();
}

May be I lost something, but I couldn't pass national text without manual
decode/encode as it was with 1.3.5