Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wharton <an...@nokia.com> on 2009/06/19 18:10:58 UTC

HDFS name node HA roadmap

Hello,

My understanding is that the HDFS name node single point of failure will
be removed in Hadoop 0.21. Is that still the case? Also, what is the
expected delivery date of that release?

Thanks.

-- Andrew

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Jie Qiu <qi...@cn.ibm.com> wrote:

However, our approach may be different with shv. Let me discuss with shv
> about how to combine our thoughts and implementation together.

If you want a major change like this to go into the real code base, you need
to open a jira, and let people comment on your architecture, design and test
plans. If you present it as a huge code drop, it is unlikely to go in.

-- Owen

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Jie Qiu,

It would be interesting to see what your approach to HA is.
Indeed, I had some ideas on how to implement it.
And I would be happy to talk to you about it.

Which jira do you refer to?

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Posted by Andrew Wharton <an...@nokia.com>.
I asked on the HBase list and they pointed me to this ticket, which is
more to my liking: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4539

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Posted by Jie Qiu <qi...@cn.ibm.com>.

True insight comes from within!

Qiu Jie

Autonomic Middleware and Service Delivery
IBM China Research Lab.
Tel: 8610-58748086  Tieline: 905-8086
FAX: 8610-58748330
Add.: Building 19 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang WestRoad,
Haidian District, Beijing,P.R.C.100094
Email: qiujie@cn.ibm.com

Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>
2009-06-20 01:44
Please respond to
general@hadoop.apache.org

<ge...@hadoop.apache.org>
cc
<an...@nokia.com>, <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject
Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Does anyone know the jira that shv (konstantin) has opened?

mahadev

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap