Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Pahne <a....@skaffen.de> on 2005/04/25 22:26:54 UTC

where to put my DTD

Where do I have to store the Tapestry DTD? inside WEB-INF/classes or
inside WEB-INF/lib?  I want to avoid that they are downloaded when the
XML files are validated.

Andy

Re: where to put my DTD

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
You can put the DTD anywhere if you specify the location in your Ant build
file.  (If you're talking about the xmlvalidate task.)  We use this:

    <!--
================================================================ -->
    <!-- Validates all the XML and HTML
       -->
    <!-- The xmlcatalog specifies where to find the various DTDs on
e   -->
    <!-- local file system to avoid a slow network trip on every
e.    -->
    <!--
================================================================ -->
    <xmlcatalog id="commonDTDs">
        <!-- ... other DTDs... -->
        <dtd publicId="-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification
3.0//EN"
             location="../dtds/Tapestry_3_0.dtd" />
    </xmlcatalog>

    <target name="xmlvalidate">
        <xmlvalidate lenient="yes" warn="yes" failonerror="no">
            <xmlcatalog refid="commonDTDs"/>
            <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.page,**/*.jwc,**/*.html"/>
            <fileset dir="conf" includes="*.application,*.xml,*.library"/>
        </xmlvalidate>
    </target>