Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com> on 2016/05/18 12:15:29 UTC

Agent / Slave renaming

I got some spare time yesterday and used it to rebase the first of a series of stale review requests by Kevin that implement the Mesos agent renaming in Aurora (https://reviews.apache.org/r/47495/).

The renaming is ranked high on the Mesos roadmap. The specific epic is work-in-progress but proceeding as we speak [2]. For example, the public documentation has been updated just yesterday [3].

I believe the renaming has gained enough momentum in Mesos so that is worthwhile for us to tag along. We gain little in waiting this out. What do you think?

Best Regards,
Stephan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MESOS/Roadmap
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1478