Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by prakash <pr...@rentpro.net> on 2006/08/10 16:39:53 UTC

Printing in arabic

Hi,

     I have created a arabic pdf using Fop 20.5 but the problem is it is printing in reverse. I had also used a fuction in fo to reverse character  but the result is not correct. I had used arial font for printing.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated

Regards

Prakash Sen

Re: Printing in arabic

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
That's not supported, yet. You can work with Sebastian Weber [1] to
implement it for FOP Trunk.

Other suggestions for working around the lack of support for arabic text
can be found in the archives for this mailing list.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/writing-mode-and-arabic-text-tf2051509.html

On 10.08.2006 16:39:53 prakash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a arabic pdf using Fop 20.5 but the problem is it is
> printing in reverse. I had also used a fuction in fo to reverse
> character  but the result is not correct. I had used arial font for
> printing.
>
> Any help or suggestion will be appreciated

Jeremias Maerki