Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org> on 2016/10/13 03:12:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] restart Eagle graduate discussion

Hi Eagle Community,

It's been more than 2 months and a lot have been improved since we last
time discussed Eagle graduation. Here I want to suggest we restart
discussion of Eagle graduation. Please share your comments.

Some documents and data are as follows:
1. Maturity assessment,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EAG/Eagle+Podling+Maturity+Assessment
2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EAG/Documentation
3. Four new committers were added since incubation
4. Two releases are made
5. >600 Jira tickets,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE-614?jql=project%20%3D%20EAGLE
6. ~500 pull requests.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr

Thanks
Edward

Re: [DISCUSS] restart Eagle graduate discussion

Posted by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org>.
Thanks all for valuable feedback. We will work with our mentors to execute
the steps towards graduation. Cheers!

Thanks
Edward

Posted by Zhao Qingwen <qi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jilin <ji...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Hao Chen <ha...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by arunkarthick m <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1

Apache Eagle solves a very important gap in the Hadoop domain. In very
complex data platforms its really hard to secure, govern and monitor
activities.

Eagle makes it easier and also supports petabyte scale. Over the last year
or so we have presented Eagle in multiple hadoop summit and strata hadoop
world conferences where attendees acknowledged the problem and the solution
that Eagle provides.

The community has grown strongly and when more and more corporates are
starting to enhance data security in hadoop platform they are taking a look
at Apache Eagle.\

I think Apache Eagle is definitely ready for graduation and will help
community grow and reach further.

Thanks,
Arun Manoharan

--
Arun Karthick
201-850-9399

Re: [DISCUSS] restart Eagle graduate discussion

Posted by Michael Wu <mw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.
+1